Tri-County Pest Control Quick Tips: Keeping Your Environment Rodent-Free
Much like many other living things, rodents thrive where there is enough food and shelter for them to be able to survive. As it stands, if you eliminate these factors from your home or business environment, the likelihood that you would encounter these pests is slim to none.
Because our Tri-County Pest Control Technicians have become adept at sharing with our customers exactly how to (not) have the perfect conditions to invite rodents in, we have put together some easy tips that will serve to keep them at bay:
Food and Water Tips:
- Clean hard to reach areas, such as behind stoves or refrigerators, regularly
- Do not leave food on countertops uncovered.
- Do not leave water out or in the sink overnight.
- Store grains, pet food and birdseed in rodent-proof containers.
- Remove food and water from pet bowls at night.
- Keep areas free of clutter such as piled boxes or bags.
- Rodent-Proof attics, crawlspaces, and other hard to reach areas.
- Store items off of the floor.
Outdoor Sanitation Tips:
- Thin any overgrown vegetation until ground is visible underneath.
- Remove any trash and debris such as rock piles or building materials.
- Store firewood at least 12 inches off of the ground.
- Move any wood piles as far away from the house as possible.
If these measures don’t work, you know you can count on us to eradicate the rodents from your environment. Just give us a call!