Thankful For A Bedbug-Free Holiday
First and foremost, one of the most common misconceptions with bedbugs is that they can only be in a dirty room, or where a lot of people have slept before. While bedbugs do have a disposition for liking a dirty environment, they can pop up almost anywhere, even in your grandmother’s guest bedroom. No matter where you travel, bedbugs can be lurking right underneath the sheets, so be sure to check for them wherever you go.
Now that you know where bedbugs can be, how do you approach them, and what steps to when you walk into a room. Well, follow along with this handy guide to stay bedbug free:
- Leave your luggage outside or put it on a luggage rack. Do not place it on any furniture.
- Examine the bed. Look for signs of a bedbug infestation, like rust-colored spots or red colored dots the size of this period. Be sure to lift up the sheets and mattress pad and look underneath.
- If you see nothing, then you are good to go. However, if you see any red spots, get out of the room and ask for a new one.
- In any scenario, be sure to examine your luggage when repacking. Look for red spots or tiny little rust-colored bugs.
- When you return home, place all clothes in the dryer on high heat for 15 minutes to kill any potential bedbugs.
You may think that spending the holiday with the in-laws may be bad, but it is not as bad as sharing the day with bedbugs. With painful bites and the ability to spread like wildfire, be sure to watch out for these critters this holiday season. However, in the worst case scenario, know that Tri-County Pest Control is here to help—our time-tested and state-of-the-art bedbug elimination strategies will leave your home bedbug free in only a few days, so know that you have a viable backup plan.
From all of us at Tri-County Pest Control, we hope you and your family have a wonderful, bedbug free Thanksgiving!