Household pest fun facts from Tri-County Pest Control
We’re taking a departure today from sharing our pest control expertise and useful tips so offering some lesser known facts about well-known household pests. We hope you enjoy learning more about these creatures!
Let the facts begin:
- Honey bees – A honey bee colony will fly a total of approximately 55,000 miles in the making of just one pound of honey.
- Cockroaches – Believe it or not, a cockroach can actually live several weeks without its head.
- Ants – Ant colonies can reach their full capacity of around 2,000 ants in about three to six years. When this happens, satellite colonies will be developed.
- Mice – Mice only survive one-to-two years on average. However, they can produce up to 60 baby mice each year.
- Fleas – The adult female species of fleas can actually bite up to 400 times in just one day!
- Bed bugs – Bed bugs can go without eating anywhere from 80 to 140 days.
- Head lice – Head lice can survive up to 30 days on a human’s head.
Of course, if your life does become overrun by any of these pests, call us and we’ll be out to eradicate the situation immediately!